Friday, June 14, 2013

Calculus by Joyce Kim

The numbers swirl in and out a sequence of numbers sprinkled with letters and symbols and shapes and signs and ciphers i yank my hair and lie down on my book i see agony and torment from everyone's look what does it mean? how do I know? that terrible thing called time it creeps by slowly tortuously tauntingly each poster on the wall a friend and foe entertain my eyes with the monotonous information of math math math integral of tan(x)? false volume of r around the x-axis? elephants...suddenly the number of ceiling tiles becomes the priority of my life 2, 4, 6, 8 alas more numbers my eyes dart around the dry room desperate for a distraction before i die the bell is my savior -- the bell which rings on cue -- is my liberator. I'm free!

No comments:

Post a Comment